Sometimes nothing will help beat the summer heat but a bowl full of everyone’s favorite frozen treat. Cool down without too much sugar with this super-easy, four ingredient sorbet. You can also try popping a scoop of the sorbet into the blender with some fresh blueberries and Greek yogurt for the best homemade smoothie you’ve had all summer. Not into plums? Try another summertime fruit! Recipe adapted from Sunday Suppers at Lucques.
- 1 1/2 pounds plums, quartered
- 1/2-3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
- Toss plums with sugar and honey in a large bowl and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Put mixture in a blender and process until very smooth. Season with lemon juice, if desired. Return to bowl and refrigerate until very cold, at least 1 hour.
- If you have an ice cream maker, process plum mixture according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you’re going the old fashioned route (sans electronics) pour chilled mixture into a freezer-safe container with a lid, and place in freezer. Remove from freezer and stir every 30 minutes until sorbet is fully frozen, about 2 hours.