This smoothie is full of nutritious goodies that help calm inflammation and build strong muscles, making it a great choice for a post-workout snack. In addition to juicy pineapple, oranges, and bananas, it’s infused with plant-based protein, plus fresh ginger and a pinch of turmeric, both of which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1/2navel orange, peeled
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (we used Vega Sport Performance Protein)
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- Combine all ingredients except ice in a blender until smooth. Add ice and blend again.