As backward as it sounds, creamy soups don’t require any cream. This bright green dish uses potatoes to create a velvety texture. And with each slurp, you’re fighting cancer and cardiovascular disease thanks to the broccoli
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1onion, chopped
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2medium white potatoes, diced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Cheddar cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add vegetable broth, potatoes, and broccoli. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and stir in thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with cheddar cheese, if desired.