Delicious, healthy, and packing about 8 grams of protein, these burgers are an excellent substitute for your average beef patty. We’re not sure which we love more—the tropical mango relish kissed with curry and a hint of lime or the fact that they’re ready in less than 30 minutes. If you stick to a gluten-free diet, use cornmeal in place of the breadcrumbs.
- For mango relish:
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Pinch salt
- For burgers:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 3eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, combine all mango relish ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine quinoa, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper. Using 1/2 cup at a time, form mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook quinoa burgers for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes until golden.
- Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce greens and top with mango relish.
Recipe created exclusively for Greatist by the National Mango Board.