Packed with vitamin A, which helps keep the immune system healthy, pumpkin may help keep the colds at bay.[wysiwyg:citation:%3Ca+href%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov%2Fpubmed%2F23248672%22%3EThe+effects+of+methanolic%2C+chloroform%2C+and+ethylacetate+extracts+of+the+Cucurbita+pepo+L.+on+the+delay+type+hypersensitivity+and+antibody+production.%3C%2Fa%3E+Jafarian+A%2C+Zolfaghari+B%2C+Parnianifard+M.+Research+in+pharmaceutical+sciences%2C+2012%2C+Dec.%3B7%284%29%3A1735-5362.] But who wants to bake an entire pie? Enjoy the same flavors of the holiday dessert any time of year with this smoothie.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/4 cup pecans (plus more for topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (plus more for topping)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar or other liquid sweetener (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Top with additional pecans and cinnamon.