Mushrooms are an awesome substitute to traditionally meat- or starch-based dishes. They make for a dense “burger” or, alternatively, a low-carb “bun.” In this raw, vegan pesto recipe, cremini mushrooms act as the bread foundation, making it clean, easy, and ever-the-more delicious to enjoy the fragrant, flavorful, and “cheesy” dip.
- 1/2 cup tightly packed mint leaves
- 1/2 cup tightly packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 8-10cremini mushrooms, stemmed and cleaned
- Add all ingredients to a food processor except mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Pulse until smooth but slightly grainy.
- Stuff 1 to 2 teaspoons pesto into each mushroom. Season with salt and pepper to taste.