Do you like surprises (the good kind, of course!)? If you do, then you’re going to love this crisp! It cuts down on the butter and sugar, swapping in some agave syrup, and using whole-wheat instead of white flour. And, as for the surprise (and the highlight of the dessert)—fresh rosemary to add a touch of savory to this sweet treat.
- For filling:
- 8peaches, peeled and chunked
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- For topping:
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss filling ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients for topping (flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon), and mix together. Add butter and, using hands, mix until mixture becomes crumbly but well combined.
- Divide peach mixture among six individual ramekins or pour into a baking pan, and sprinkle with topping.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until top is lightly browned and filling is bubbling.