Pancakes and waffles are delicious and reminiscent of weekend mornings with the family. But while our younger selves were happy to devour every whipped-cream covered bite, the same sugar-packed meal can leave us feeling a little sluggish these days. Fortunately it’s possible to enjoy a decadent brunch while still making healthy choices with these crêpes.
- 1 cupunsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 packetsstevia
- 1cup egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 2 cups fresh berries
- 1/4cupflaked coconut
- Combine almond milk and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, mix coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and stevia.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk egg whites. Once they start to get bubbly, add almond milk and vanilla, whisking as you add each ingredient.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until an even batter forms. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray or coat lightly with coconut oil. Place over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into pan and swirl around to coat bottom. Cook for about 2 minutes, then use a spatula to lift edges. Gently flip and cook for 1 minute. Remove crepe and keep it warm while cooking remaining batter. (Tip: Keep greasing pan with cooking spray or coconut oil to prevent sticking.)
- Serve crepes with yogurt, berries, and coconut.