Along with summer comes flip-flops, weekend getaways, and of course, grilling. Burgers are an obvious (and delicious) option, but why not extend your repertoire of barbecue meals with this healthy, plant-based dish? Full of fresh vegetables, protein-packed quinoa, and a naturally sweet marinade, this dish will please any palate and help keep you fueled through that grueling day at the beach. (Because relaxing on the sand can be seriously tough.)
- For marinade:
- 2 tablespoons almond, hemp, or grapeseed oil
- 1/2cupbalsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- For bowl:
- 1/2 packagetempeh, sliced
- 1/2red bellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2yellow bellow pepper, chopped
- 1small eggplant, sliced
- 2small zucchini, slice
- 1/4red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Combine all ingredients for marinade. Pour 1/4 cup into a small resealable bag, add tempeh, and seal bag.
- Pour remaining marinade into a separate large sealable bag. Add vegetables, and seal bag.
- Refrigerate tempeh and vegetables for at least 3 hours.
- Grill vegetables and tempeh (placing on a skewer, if necessary), cooking about 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill.
- Divde quinoa between two bowls and top with tempeh and veggies.