Sweet potatoes are high in fiber to help keep you full, plus they contain beta carotene, which benefits eye health. Turn a tater into a meal by stuffing it with a mix that’s basically a vegetarian chili, and you have an entire healthy meal that’s super easy to make.
- 2medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 2/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn (frozen, fresh, or canned)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2limes, juiced
- 1/2avocado, diced
- Cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a fork to prick holes inpotatoes. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until flesh is soft.
- Meanwhile, combine peppers, black beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, and lime juice in a bowl. Set aside to let flavors develop.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven. Cut slits down each lengthwise, and pull apart to create a well for fillings.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons salsa and corn and bean mixture into each potato. Top with avocado and cilantro, if desired.