Kelp is a type of large, brown seaweed that grows underwater in shallow oceans. It’s high in iodine, which helps with healthy thyroid function. Some studies also suggest kelp can help protect against estrogen-related cancers such as ovarian, breast, and endometrial
- 2 cups kelp noodles, rinsed and drained
- 1small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1small carrot, julienned
- 3 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2-inch chunk fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine carrot, pepper, and kelp noodles in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour sauce over noodle and vegetable mixture, and toss until sauce is evenly distributed.