One of the best parts of summer is firing up the grill on a regular basis. For some quick and easy weeknight grilling action, chicken and veggie kebabs hit the spot. Marinated in a mixture of lemon and herbs, these loaded skewers make for a healthy and delicious dinner. Serve with a side of quinoa or couscous.
- For marinade:
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dried dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For kebabs:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, chunked
- 1 yellow onion, quartered and chunked
- 1 red pepper, chunked
- 16-20 baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into 1-inch rounds
- Prepare marinade in a long, shallow baking dish by combining lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare kabobs by skewering alternating pieces of chicken and various veggies. Be sure to leave enough room on ends of skewers to flip them while cooking.
- Place skewers in baking dish with marinade, and roll to coat. Cover dish and refrigerate overnight or at least for a few hours.
- When ready to cook, heat grill to high. Place skewers on grill. Cook, using tongs to turn skewers occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.