This nourishing combination of veggies and oats is ideal for a speedy breakfast or dinner. Oat groats are minimally processed oats that have a heartier texture than your typical breakfast oat; they also contain more soluble fiber than any other grain. If you can't find them, use brown rice or rolled oats instead. For more recipes like this one, check out Sonima’s 3-Day Clean Eating Meal Plan.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup cooked sprouted oat groats (or brown rice or rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup kale
- 1/4 cup finely diced zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon Herbamare or salt
- Heat coconut oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add broccoli and toss with onion.
- Add oat groats, spinach, kale, and zucchini. Season with Herbamare or salt. Toss until well mixed. Cover pan until broccoli and zucchini are tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.