Everything seems to be pumpkin flavored in the fall, from coffee to cookies to oatmeal and now waffles and pancakes! Try this healthier way to enjoy that tangy, sweet, and spicy pumpkin cheesecake flavor without all the calories and fat or long baking time.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- Heat a waffle iron or skillet to medium-high heat.
- In a small food processor or blender, blend oats, flaxseed, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Add pumpkin, egg whites, and milk, and blend again until smooth.
- Pour batter into waffle maker or skillet.
- As waffles are cooking, warm honey in microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. Stir in cream cheese until smooth.
- When waffles are finished cooking, pour cream cheese sauce over top and sprinkle with additional cinnamon.