It doesn’t get much more spring than this. Fresh sugar snap peas and snow peas, radishes, and mint are combined with a light dressing and feta cheese for a nutritious salad that’s easy to throw together and bursting with fresh flavor. It may seem simple, but it’s quite satisfying. Adapted from Bon Appetit.
- 1 pound fresh peas (a mix of sugar snap and snow peas), trimmed and sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning (or mix fresh ground pepper and lemon zest)
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Fill a large bowl halfway with cold water and ice and set aside (this will serve as an ice bath after cooking). Bring a pot of salted water to a rapid boil, add peas, and cook for 2 minutes, or until bright green. Remove promptly with a strainer and plunge into the bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and lemon-pepper seasoning until well blended. Set aside.
- Mix cooked peas, radishes, feta, and mint together in a large bowl. If serving immediately, stir in dressing and serve. If using later, place salad and dressing in fridge separately, and dress before serving.