Stir-fry dishes are an extremely flavorful and easy way to get your vegetable fix. But sometimes the flavor gets boring. Not here! Chili paste kicks things up, soy sauce adds saltiness, and ginger brings a bit of zest to round off each bite.
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or coconut palm sugar) (optional)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2-inch piece ginger, minced
- 1 cup halved crimini mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- Handful green beans, trimmed
- In a small bowl, whisk together chili paste, sugar, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Into a wok over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add ginger and let cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, scallions, broccoli, and green beans. Put a lid on wok and let cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Toss and continue to cook and toss without a lid for another 2 minutes.
- Add sauce and toss again. Cook for another 3 minutes until liquid has cooked off and vegetables are tender.