Give your typical roasted sweet potatoes a run for their money with these easy-to-prep fritters that are sure to be a crowd pleaser no matter what time of day you serve them. They’re like latkes but even better since they’re only lightly fried in a teensy bit of oil, plus—hello!—they’re topped with avocado.
- 1medium sweet potato, peeled, grated, and drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1avocado, cubed
- 1large tomato, cubed
- 1/2small lemon, juiced
- Handful basil leaves, torn
- Whisk egg well in a small bowl. Combine with sweet potato, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste, mixing well.
- In a large pan, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Spoon potato mixture 1 heaping tablespoon at a time into pan and pat down into a flat patty about the size of your palm. Cook for 4 minutes on each side until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, place avocado and tomato in a bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over top and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add basil and mix well.
- Serve fritters topped with salsa.