Not that plain chocolate is lacking by any extent of the imagination, but it sure wouldn’t hurt to experience extra taste and texture with some fun additions to your favorite bar. This bark recipe uses dark chocolate and adds some dazzle to it with dried apricots and figs, raisins, and cashews. The addition of the dried fruit and nuts spreads out the chocolate’s intensity, and adds in a healthy dose of antioxidants and fiber.
- 12 ounces 70 percent baker’s chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried figs, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, spreading to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Evenly sprinkle dried fruit and cashews over chocolate.
- Place bark in refrigerator for about 20 minutes, or until chocolate hardens.