Using skim milk (or soy or almond, if that's your thing), cocoa powder, frozen blueberries, and a touch of maple syrup, this drink is almost as creamy and rich tasting as your classic diner milkshake, but with far less sugar and fat, and an added antioxidant boost from the cocoa powder and blueberries. Recipe adapted from Lucid Food.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or agave)
- Fresh blueberries, for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. If desired, strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a glass for a smoother texture.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries, if desired.