Farmers’ markets are bursting with cherry tomatoes all summer, so take advantage of all that sweet juiciness with this super versatile ragout. It’s perfect with some olive-oil roasted spaghetti squash or atop freshly grilled bread.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1shallot, minced
- 3 sprigs herbs (thyme and oregano work well)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced basil
- Heat a pan over high heat. Add olive oil and allow to warm for a few seconds.
- Add shallot and herbs of choice, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and tomatoes, and stir for a minute. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until tomatoes have softened and juice is released.
- Add balsamic and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add basil. Taste and season as needed.