While typical butternut squash pasta dishes can be ladden with cream and sweetening agents like brown sugar, this take keeps the squash au naturel. With just a handful of ingredients and as little as 15 minutes of active prep time, this recipe is easy as (pumpkin) pie. Adapted from Real Simple.
- 1 pint button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped sage (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 small package cheese tortellini
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss mushrooms, butternut squash, sage (if using), olive oil, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, cook tortellini according to package instructions. Reserve about 1/2 cup cooking water before draining.
- Toss tortellini, roasted vegetables, and cheese. If pasta looks too dry, add reserved cooking water a few tablespoons at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.