This simple recipe is full of healthy whole foods like Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and chestnuts, and flavored with a little bit of chorizo and goat cheese. Delicious at breakfast, lunch, or dinner, make sure you top it with sunny-side-up eggs—stirring the runny egg yolk into the warm hash takes this dish over the top!
- 1large (or 2 small) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small link (about 3 ounces) chorizo, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1small yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 15large Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced into thin shreds
- 10roasted chestnuts, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (about 3-4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 4sunny-side-up eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sweet potato in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir to coat sweet potato evenly. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, flipping halfway through, until tender yet crispy on the outside. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer, then add Brussels sprouts and chesnuts, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sprouts have softened and begun to turn golden. Remove from heat and toss with sweet potatoes.
- Divide hash between four plates, and sprinkle each with goat cheese. Top with eggs.