When it comes to Sunday brunch, it's helpful to serve a dish that comes together in just a few minutes but can feed a crowd. This healthy breakfast is one of those laid-back dishes that's high in flavor, fill-factor, and nutrition. Plus it cuts down on clean up since itcan be served in the pan it's baked in. With this dish, you get your vegetable serving and a dose of protein without a slew of ingredients. What better way to start the week?
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 eggs
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Bread, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss sprouts with olive oil, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Place in a baking dish and roast for about 15 minutes, until browned. Turn off oven.
- Remove dish from oven and crack eggs over roasted brussel sprouts. Place back in still-warm oven. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes, or until eggs are cooked.
- Top with cheese and enjoy with bread, if desired.