This is a quick and easy take on fresh vegetable “spaghetti”—with broccoli rabe as the “noodles.” OK, OK, it’s not really spaghetti. But we promise you this: It’s fresh, it’s delicious, and it’s super, super healthy, packed with antioxidants and protein. It’s the perfect dish for an early-summer dinner, and even better when eaten outside.
- Olive oil
- 1lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed, plus 1 whole clove
- 2 breasts chicken, each sliced into 2 flat, thin cutlets
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1/2red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ear corn, cut off the cob
- 1 container baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella,cubed
- 2 slices bread
- Marinate chicken in crushed garlic, lemon, and 2 tablesooons olive oil for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, lightly steam broccoli rabe for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a grill or grill pan on high heat. Grill chicken cutlets until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cover with foil and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli rabe and sauté until flavors are blended and rabe is heated through, about 5 minutes. Add corn and tomatoes and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add mozzarella, and cover.
- Lightly brush bread with olive oil and toast (or grill) until crisp. Rub 1/2 remaining garlic clove over surface of toast.
- To plate, spoon broccoli rabe and tomato mixture into a small pile and top with 1 chicken cutlet. Serve with toast on the side.