Broccoli salads are often drenched in thick, mayo-based dressings that hide the fresh flavors of the ingredients underneath—but this is not your average broccoli salad! With plenty of crunch and just the right amount of sweetness (courtesy of crips apples and dried cranberries), this healthy twist on the traditional side dish is bound to be a picnic or summer dinner favorite.
- <strong>For dressing:</strong>
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh parsley
- 1large lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- <strong>For salad:</strong>
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1apple, diced
- 2carrots, julienned
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, purée dressing ingredients until completely smooth. (Add more water for a thinner consistency, if you prefer.)
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour some dressing over top and toss to coat evenly. Let salad sit for 5 to 10 minutes to allow flavors to develop before serving.
- Leftover dressing can be stored in a sealed mason jar or container in fridge for up to 5 days.