This filling veggie burger is quick to prepare and won't leave you reaching for an unhealthy dessert. Packed with quinoa, black beans, nutritional yeast, and flavorful spices, it's a winning burger for both taste and nutrition. Quinoa is a complete protein and both it and black beans are high in fiber, making this meal great for digestion and heart health too.
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for cooking
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients using hands or a fork to mash beans and thoroughly mix. (This should form a paste-like mixture that is easy to shape into patties.)
- Divide mixture into four equal balls, and form each into a patty between 1/4- and 1/2-inch thick.
- In a medium oven-safe saucepan over high eat, cook patties in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil for 1 minute on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Transfer the saucepan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Serve patties on whole-grain buns or over fresh greens with desired toppings.