Have you resolved to clean up your nutrition? If so, this granola serves as an easy way to help you meet that goal. It’s naturally sweetened with banana and a touch of optional stevia, and tastes delicious in fruit parfaits, as part of homemade trail mix, or eaten on its own.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 packets stevia (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together oats, walnuts, cinnamon, cloves, flaxseed, and stevia, if using, in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil. Add banana and vanilla and stir occasionally over low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and stir to combine, trying to coat as many oats as possible. Taste and add a little bit more stevia and/or cinnamon to sweeten, if desired.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and pour oat mixture onto pan, spreading into an even layer. (The thinner the layer, the faster it will cook.)
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and use a spatula to flip pieces over, breaking them into smaller clusters.
- Bake for 20 minutes more. Allow granola to cool. Clusters should firm up and become crunchy.
- Transfer granola back to a bowl and stir in cranberries. Store in air-tight containers for up to 4 weeks.