Salmon is a great staple to add to your weeknight dinner rotation, and for good reason—it's low in calories and fat, high in protein, and off the charts with omega-3s. Top your fish with a heaping spoonful of slightly tangy avocado-dill "crema" (that's just a fancy word for sauce), and dinner's ready in 20 minutes or less.
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fillets (6 ounces each) salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare yogurt sauce by combining avocado, Greek yogurt, dill, garlic, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, and salt and pepper to taste in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. (If necessary, add more water 1 tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.) Set aside.
- Place fish skin side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Bake fish until just cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. (Thicker center-cut fillets will take longer, while thinner fillets cut from the tail section will cook faster.)
- Served topped with avocado-dill yogurt.