Baked apples are a great individual-sized dessert that come out of the oven looking beautiful and almost too good to eat. This version combines oats, chopped pecans, cinnamon, and maple syrup, and makes the perfect ending for a fall dinner party or Thanksgiving dinner.
- 3/4 cup oats
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- Pinch allspice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4large apples
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, pecans, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and maple syrup, and mix thoroughly.
- Remove apple cores without cutting through bottom of apples. (An apple corer works great; otherwise use a paring knife to cut out core and a spoon to scoop out any remaining seeds.)
- Fill apple centers with oat mixture. Place apples in a small baking dish, and add water.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, depending on size of apples, until tender but not mushy.