This perfect summer salad only uses a few simple ingredients, but packs a ton of flavor and a little kick thanks to some chili flakes. It’s a great addition to any picnic spread. This is one of those salads that just gets better with time. If possible, it’s best to prepare the day before you plan to serve it, giving all the flavors more time to blend and meld.
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 4cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Pinch sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine vinegars, sugar, and chili flakes, and whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in cucumbers and red onion. Season with sea salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.