Rolling out pie crust can be so much work. Make this crisp for the same taste and less work. Pecans, apples, and cinnamon are warming flavors that everyone loves. Serve at a get-together topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt. Recipe adapted from Whole Living.
- 8apples, sliced into wedges
- 8pitted medjool dates, chopped
- 2 cups applesauce, divided
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh grated ginger (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups instant oatmeal
- Combine apples and dates in a bowl with 1 1/2 cups applesauce. Toss with cinnamon and ginger until everything is evenly coated. Spread mixture into a 9-by-11-inch baking pan.
- Toss pecans, oatmeal, and remaining 1/2 cup applesauce together, and spread evenly on top of apple mixture.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until thickest pieces of apple are tender. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes, or until pecan and oatmeal topping is light brown and crispy.