Let’s face it, we don’t stop drinking margaritas when summer is over. And with this recipe, you have no excuse not to drinks margs in the fall! We swapped out the salt for sugar and lime juice for apple cider, and skipped the simple sugar all together. What we ended up with is a deliciously simple cocktail that will warm our hearts even as the cold weather rolls in. Adapted from How Sweet It Is.
- Apple slices, for garnish
- 2 ounces gold tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 10-12 ounces apple cider (we used <a href=”http://www.mytraderjoeslist.com/2009/10/spiced-cider.html” target=”_blank”>Trader Joe’s Spiced Cider</a>)
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on a plate, run an apple segment around the edge of the glass, and press cinnamon sugar mixture to coat the rim.
- Add ice, tequila, and triple sec. Top with apple cider and stir (or shake, if you’re feeling fancy).
- Garnish with apple slices. (Feel free to sprinkle extra cinnamon or add a cinnamon stick.)