Not french fries. Potato tempura wrapped with bacon. The best part of this recipe is the tempura batter. Adding beer makes crispy tempura. This is very true. Try it and you are going to love it!
- Yields: 4
- Total: 25 minutes
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 8 strips Turkey Bacon (Regular bacon is good too)
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Blue Moon Beer Belgian White
- Vegetable Oil-for deep fry
- Peel potatoes and cut lengthwise into one inch wedge. Place them on the plate, cover with plastic wrap and heat in a microwave for 3-4 minutes. Cut bacon into half. Wrap each cut potato with bacon.
- Make tempura batter. In a bowl, combine beer and flour. Mix well.
- Dip each potato in the tempura batter. In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil and deep fry potatoes until crisp and golden.
- Serve with ketchup or salt.