Fresh fruit salsas are a great compliment to fish and meat dishes. This kiwi, plum and mango combination has eye-popping color and brings out the subtle flavors of the pan seared fish. Turn any combination of fresh fruit into a summery salsa to use along side grilled meats and fish. Talk about wow!
- Yield: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 minutes
- Active: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled kiwifruit (about 2 kiwifruit)
- 3/4cup chopped plums (about 2 plums)
- 3/4 cup diced mango (about 1/2 mango)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 6-ounce skinless grouper fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine kiwifruit, plums, mango, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; stir to combine. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the fish with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the pepper. Cook fish 4 to 5 minutes on each side or just until fish begins to flake when poked with the tip of a sharp knife and is opaque in center. Serve with Kiwi-Plum-Mango Salsa.
- SERVES 4; Prep: 20 min., Cook: 10 min.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING 274 calories, 11 gms fat, 99 calories from fat, 1 gm saturated fat, 62 mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 1 gm dietary fiber, 33 gms protein