It's hard to deny our love for pancakes and waffles, but sometimes we need to start our day with a little less sugar. Fortunately, it’s possible to enjoy a decadent brunch while still making good-for-you choices. Introducing coconut flour-based crepes with all of the flavors of the true French recipe.
Paleo Coconut Crepes With Mixed Berries
Recipe by: Eat Spin Run Repeat
Makes: 3-4 servings
Ready in: 25 minutes
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 packets stevia
1 cup egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
2 cups fresh berries
1/4 cup flaked coconut
1. Combine almond milk and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a larger bowl, mix coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and stevia.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk egg whites. Once they start to get bubbly, add almond milk and vanilla, whisking as you add each ingredient.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until an even batter forms. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
5. Spray a frying pan with cooking spray or coat lightly with coconut oil. Place over medium heat.
6. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into pan and swirl around to coat bottom. Cook for about 2 minutes, then use a spatula to lift edges. Gently flip and cook for 1 minute. Remove crepe and keep it warm while cooking remaining batter. (Tip: Keep greasing pan with cooking spray or coconut oil to prevent sticking.)
7. Serve crepes with yogurt, berries, and coconut.