Do yourself a favor and go to the store and buy a very inexpensive ice cream machine. ( I use this cuisinart one —’http://www.cuisinart.com/products/ice_cream/ice-30bc.html )
Alright. Now. I am always inspired by how to create old school recipes into healthy ones. I have become a bit obsessed with making homemade sorbets and vegan ice creams. I don’t like to eat sugar because of the crash and the way it makes me feel so i have created ice creams sweetened mostly with agave nectar. And I either use unsweetened edensoy milk or make my own nut milks as the base. Such as almond, hazelnut or pistachio. But that’s another post…
The key is to chill your mixture for 24 hours.
- Yields: 5 cups…ish…
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 minutes to gather and blend. 24 hours to chill. 30 minutes to spin. 2 hours to freeze.
- Active: 5 minutes to gather and blend. 24 hours to chill. 30 minutes to spin. 2 hours to freeze.
- 3 cups chilled organic unsweetened eden soy milk
- 1/2 cup organic agave nectar
- 1/4 cup organic brown rice syrup
- 4 TB matcha green tea powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of sea salt
- Put everything in blender and blend until blended.
- CHILL in refrigerator overnight or 24 hours
- Follow instructions for ice cream maker and put chilled mixture into your maker and make. Usually spins for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- It will be soft so you need to freeze for at least a few more hours in the freezer.
- It is very good on it own but even better with a little organic dark chocolate sprinkled on top.