No-Bake Pumpkin Cookies
These grain-free Paleo treats are nutritious, but that doesn’t stop them from tasting amazing. They’re sweetened with dates instead of refined sugars, and the flavors of vanilla, cinnamon, and coconut make the simple treats extra delicious.
Note: Make sure to use an unsweetened dessicated coconut flakes; using sweetened would add way too much sugar, because the dates are already sweet.
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 inch vanilla bean, scraped out (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups unsweetened dessicated coconut
- dash of salt
- Place the dates in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with water.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until the dates soften a bit.
- Place in a food processor and add the pumpkin, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Process until puréed.
- Add the coconut flakes and process until combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Freeze until set (but not frozen).
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe was created exclusively for Greatist by Paleohacks.