Martin Cate of Smuggler’s Cove in San Francisco shares his rendition of the classic tiki cocktail, the Navy Grog. This drink can be made multiple ways, but at it’s base is always three types of rum and lime and grapefruit juice. Check out our video to see Cate make the drink while sharing a story of political intrigue.
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce Demerara simple syrup (2:1 ratio)
- 1/4 ounce allspice dram
- 1 ounce aged Trinidad rum
- 1 ounce aged Jamaican rum
- 1 ounce Demarara rum
- Blend all ingredients for 2-3 seconds with crushed ice.
- Serve in a double old fashioned glass; garnish with mint sprig.