Get yer drink on with this mint-tinted cocktail that’s great for celebrating. For playas only. (But leave the Champagne geysers in the music videos, and learn how to open Champagne properly.)
What to buy: Cuvée Jean-Louis from Charles de Fère, a luscious, creamy, blanc de blanc brut, is great for this drink.
- Yield: 4 drinks
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- Leaves from 8 fresh mint sprigs
- 2 tablespoons organic raw cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 bottle chilled champagne or sparkling wine
- Using a mortar and pestle, pulverize the mint with the sugar and lime juice.
- Combine mint mixture with the champagne or sparkling wine (add slowly) and stir well.
- Strain the champagne or sparkling wine into a large pitcher and serve immediately in champagne flutes.