Enjoy this great dipping sauce with your grilled BBQ chicken, steak, pork, and/or oysters. Best when served with rice.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 – 20 Minutes
- 6 to 10 – Thai Chili Peppers
- 2 – Jalapeños (roasted in foil, over gas stove) make sure it softens
- 3 – Garlic Cloves
- 1 ½ – 2 cups of Cilantro
- 1 – Whole Lime
- 1 – Thin sliced tomato (optional)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 – Tablespoon of Sriracha Sauce (red chili sauce)
- 3 – Tablespoon of water
- First you’ll want to smash the Garlic Cloves and Thai chili peppers in the Clay Mortar until it’s mixed very well together, then add a pinch of salt. Then toss in the Cilantro and smash it until it is almost paste like (not a complete paste like base). After that, transfer the smashed ingredients into a bowl.
- Then place the roasted Jalapeños in the Mortar and smash it gently, make sure it does not splash, you don’t want it all over you. Then transfer the Jalapeños into the same bowl. If you are adding tomato – follow the same procedure/instruction.
- Finally-squeeze the lime (you may want to cut it into four slices) into the bowl. Then add fish sauce, water, and Sriracha sauce into the bowl. Mix and stir. Taste it-if needed, add more fish sauce, water, or Sriracha sauce. It is now ready for dipping!