Sangría is the resident punch of summertime, but made with cheap red wine and even cheaper brandy it’s bound to fall flat. Breathe new life into this classic with raspberry-laced lambic and refreshing Belgian ale.
What to buy: Framboise lambic is an ale flavored with raspberries instead of hops and can be found in most grocery and liquor stores.
Hoegaarden white ale is a smooth, refreshing wheat beer from Belgium. It can be found in most grocery and liquor stores.
- Yield: 8 – 10 drinks
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Framboise lambic, such as Lindemans, chilled
- 2 (11.2-ounce) bottles Hoegaarden white ale, chilled
- 6 ounces Lillet Blanc, chilled
- 6 ounces raspberries (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 medium orange, thinly sliced
Combine all of the measured ingredients in a large pitcher and stir until evenly mixed. Serve over ice.