This is a Bloody Mary variation using KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce instead of Worcestershire sauce. It is nice to use the same sauce in the drink to pair with the sauce used to BBQ the meat … Original, Hickory, Bourbon or Mesquite.
The optional ingredients improve the drink, but for tailgating ease only the first three ingredients are required.
Or use your favorite Bloody Mary recipe and substitute the KC Masterpiece sauce for Worcestershire sauce.
- Yields: 1
- Total: Under 5 minutes
- 2 ounces vodka
- 5.5 ounce can of spicy hot V8 juice (or 6 oz of juice of choice)
- 1 capful of KC Masterpiece barbeque sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of horseradish (optional)
- juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
- pinch of ground black pepper (optional)
- salt to taste (optional)
- pinch of crushed celery seeds
- dash of Tabasco for extra heat (optional)
- Garnishes: olive, cherry tomato, celery stick, slice of bacon (optional)
- Add one capful of KC Masterpiece to vodka. Mix until disolved
- Fill with V8 juice
- Add optional ingredients as desired.
- Garnish with vegetables and a piece of bacon. Brush bacon with the KC Masterpiece sauce and lightly grill for extra flavor.
- Cut up celery sticks before leaving home. For extra convenience, use pre-cut celery sticks from the supermarket.
Or use your favorite Bloody Mary garnishes … pickled onion, chili peppers, etc.
- Variation: KC Masterpiece Michelada
- Substitute a can of beer for the vodka. Skip the horseradish, black pepper, salt and celery seeds..
- Pour a little of the V8 juice into a cup. Mix in a capful of the KC Masterpiece sauce to disolve. Add remaining V8 juice. Top with beer.