Parnsips are like vanilla-scented carrots, but they don’t get near as much play as their orange-tinted brethren. Here the root veggies are roasted with honey and mustard for an intense flavor that may very well steal the show.
Love honey mustard? Try it in a ham glaze.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 mins
- 2 1/2 pounds parsnips, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the upper third. Place the parsnips on a large baking sheet and toss with the vinegar, honey, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until fork tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss with the mustard, and serve.