Oh, granola bars: how much we love you. Save a trip to the store and some extra cash by DIY-ing your oat-y, fruity snack. And PS, they taste way better than the store-bought kind.
No-Bake Granola Bars
Recipe by: Rebecca Firkser
Makes: 8 servings
​Ready in: 15 minutes, plus freezing time
1/2 cup dates, pitted
1/2 cup dried apricots
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1/3 cup almond butter
2 cups oats
1 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup chopped toasted nuts and seeds (almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pepitas, etc.)
Pinch Kosher salt
1. Soak dates and apricots in a bowl of very hot water for 10 minutes, then puree in a food processor until smooth.
2. Add honey and almond butter to the food processor and continue to purée.
3. In a large bowl, combine oats, allspice, nuts and seeds, and salt.
4. Add the date mixture to the oat mixture and combine (hands may be the best method).
5. Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper (leaving overhang on the edges) and press dough firmly into the pan.
6. Place in the freezer to set, 40-60 minutes.
7. Slice into bars and store in the fridge.