Oh, granola bars: how much we love you. Save a trip to the store and some extra cash by DIY-ing your oat-y, fruity snack. And PS, they taste way better than the store-bought kind.
No-Bake Granola Bars
Recipe by: Rebecca Firkser
Makes: 8 servings
Ready in: 15 minutes, plus freezing time
1/2 cup dates, pitted
1/2 cup dried apricots
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1/3 cup almond butter
2 cups oats
1 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup chopped toasted nuts and seeds (almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pepitas, etc.)
Pinch Kosher salt
1. Soak dates and apricots in a bowl of very hot water for 10 minutes, then puree in a food processor until smooth.
2. Add honey and almond butter to the food processor and continue to purée.
3. In a large bowl, combine oats, allspice, nuts and seeds, and salt.
4. Add the date mixture to the oat mixture and combine (hands may be the best method).
5. Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper (leaving overhang on the edges) and press dough firmly into the pan.
6. Place in the freezer to set, 40-60 minutes.
7. Slice into bars and store in the fridge.