Every Monday on our Instagram stories, we share a super-easy, 7-ingredients-or-less recipe. Follow us for a new episode each week!
Ever since we discovered it, this dip has been our go-to app for gatherings, game days, and life in general. Since it calls for a purée of white cannellini beans, garlic, and vegetable stock instead of cream cheese and other full-fat ingredients, it’s a little healthier than usual. You can’t taste the difference and you get protein in every bite!
Still, this recipe doesn’t skimp on any of the other classic ingredients: There’s plenty of cheese, spinach, and artichokes. You and your guests are going to love it—and feel zero guilt when you polish off the whole thing.
Share a photo of your own spinach artichoke dip on Instagram and tag us @greatist.
Spinach Artichoke White Bean Dip
Recipe adapted from: Sarah’s Cucina Bella
Makes: 12 servings
Ready in: 30 minutes
1 15-oz can of cannellini beans
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup vegetable stock
1 9-oz bag frozen chopped spinach, prepared according to package directions
1 8.5-oz can artichoke hearts, chopped
1/2 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine cannellini beans, garlic, and vegetable stock in a food processor. Transfer to a large bowl and stir together with spinach, artichoke hearts, romano, and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer the mixture to an 8×8-inch square baking dish and spread evenly.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly at edges and golden brown on top.
5. Serve with fresh-cut veggies or pita chips.