Yes, cookies can be healthy—and incredibly easy to make. Here’s proof: This cookie recipe is packed with antioxidants, fiber, protein, and healthy fats. And though you might think protein powder is just for smoothies and post-workout shakes, this shows it has its non-blender uses too.
Dark Chocolate and Almond Protein Cookies
Recipe by: Protein Pow
Makes: 5 cookies
​Ready in: 15 minutes
1/4 cup pea protein powder (unflavored or vanilla)
3 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup ground almonds
2 squares (20 grams) dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together except dark chocolate.
3. Add dark chocolate. Taste dough for sweetness and add more sugar if necessary.
4. Roll dough into small balls and flatten with fingers or a spoon onto a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. (Cookies will be pretty crumbly at first, so let them rest to firm up.)