The simple act of griddling a PB&J sandwich with lots of butter changes the whole thing, making the outside crispy and the inside warm and extra gooey.
What to buy: We took the purist route here with peanut butter and strawberry jam, but feel free to swap in your own combination of nut butter and jelly.
- Yield: 1 sandwich
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 mins
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick, 4-by-5-inch-long) slices white sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place the bread slices on a work surface and spread the peanut butter on 1 slice of bread and the jam on the other; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the 2 slices of bread filling-side up and cook until the bottoms are golden brown and the filling is warmed through, about 6 minutes.
- Using a flat spatula, flip 1 slice of bread onto the other to close the sandwich. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.