Honey, Dijon mustard, olive oil, and garlic make a flavorful marinade for skinless, boneless chicken breasts in this recipe adapted from the Food Network. Grill, slice, and serve with rice pilaf or our easy sautéed zucchini.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 25 mins plus 2 hrs marinating time
- Active: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Combine the honey, mustard, measured olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper to taste in a large zipper-lock plastic bag. Add the chicken, then seal and shake the bag to make sure the meat is well coated. Place in a baking dish and refrigerate for 2 or up to 24 hours, turning the bag a few times.
- Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard the marinade. Place chicken on grill rack that’s been oiled or coated with cooking spray. Cook until a nice crust forms on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until done. Let the chicken rest on a serving platter for 10 minutes before slicing and with lime wedges.