This is a quick and easy starter that will surely satisfy the palate.
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 Loaf of Ciabatta bread
- 1 Jar of Tomato Jam or Chutney
- 1 Ball of fresh Buffalo Mozzarella (from the milk of the water buffalo)
- 1 Bunch of fresh Arugula
- A few cloves of garlic (peeled)
- Good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Aceto Balsamico
- Sea Salt
- Prepare a grill over a hot charcoal fire or pre-heat broiler.
- Using a bread knife slice the bread at the bias making 1″ thick slices about 4 1/2″ long.
- slice the buffalo mozzarella in 1/4″ thick slices, then stack the slices and cut into strip a 1/4″ thick.
- Grill or broil the bread untill deep golden brown, even singed around the edges. Repeat on other side.
- When the bread is of the grill, lightly rub both sides with the peeled garlic clove. The toasted bread should act like sandpaper. Take care not to overdue it, or the garlic will overpower the dish. Generously coat the top of each piece with olive and and sprinkle all over with sea salt.
- Spread a tablespoon or so of tomato jam on each piece of bruschetta. Again sprinkle a little sea salt on top. Arrange 3-4 strips of buffalo mozzarella on top of tomato jam and top that with 3-4 pieces of arugula. Drizzle with aceto balsamico and one last pinch of sea salt.