Our Red Carpet Royale is the ideal cocktail for any special occasion, from New Year’s Eve to Valentine’s Day, but perhaps especially perfect for your Oscar party. Sparkling Champagne steals the show, but tequila and lime juice fill a strong supporting role, and the balanced direction of orange Cointreau and simple syrup keep everything cohesive. Don’t forget set dressing—a flute is the perfect thing to pour it into, and a flash of gold leaf lends an appropriate amount of bling. We’ll accept our award now, thank you.
Special Equipment: Invest in a good cocktail shaker set if you don’t have one yet; you’ll need a shaker, a strainer, and a bar spoon for this drink.
Game Plan: Make our Simple Syrup recipe and get some edible gold leaf—make sure you buy a high-quality food-grade product, of course. Also see how to open a bottle of Champagne the right way (so you don’t burst your bubbles).
- Yields: 1 drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 min
- Active: 5 min
- 2/3 ounce silver tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 bar spoon simple syrup
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- gold leaf to garnish
- Add tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled flute.
- Top with Champagne or sparkling wine and garnish with gold leaf. It’ll leave you speechless!